History And URL Help...

A

alloy25

After I've looked at my dirty, perverted, sleezy,ETC Sites........The history is full of them and in the drop down in my window it is full as well.....

My question is easy...how do I stop my visited sites from coming up in these places????? I ask as I have 5 small kids and they use my comp and I don't want them to see that sort of stuff yet...If Ever:eek:

I have WinXP Pro......

Any help???

Alloy25:(

You can manually clear the history each time by going to Internet Options, or you can set the number of days to keep pages in history to '0'.

You could also create separate accounts... one for you and one for your kids. Your history would not show up under the other account.

If after clearing history there are still addresses in the drop down box of the address bar, you can either delete them in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

or right click taskbar > properties > Start Menu > customize > advanced > recently used documents > clear list
(this will clear MRU lists all over the place, not only in Start Menu).

Or get yourself a program like MRU Blaster .

If you are using IE (Internet Explorer)you can from IE click on Tools on the tool bar and then click on Internet Properties.

Once the Properties window opens you can adjust Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History any way you want.
internet_properties.jpg

You can set History to zero (0) days if you want. I do it this way, (but I don't use IE :p) you can also delete the History every time before you close out your browser if you don't want anyone to see where you've been.

Now, if you are using Mozilla or Firebird, You can set up the History options in a similar fashion.

Firebird...
firebird_properties.jpg

Just click on the Tools button on the tool bar at the top and then Options, under Privacy set the History to zero (0) again. Click the Clear buttons for the History and Cache and everything is "poof"... gone. :)

Mozilla...
mozilla_properties.jpg

Click the Edit button on the tool bar then click Preferences then History. and set it up the same. Click the Clear Location Bar button after you're done playin on da web and everywhere you were is gone.

mozilla_cache.jpg

You can also click on the Advanced tab and clear the cache and all them images in the temp file are gone too. :)

That took toooo long... My head hurts. :p When I started that post there was only one other post. :p

Hey thanks for the answers and help...

I'll give those a go....

If there are any more ways PLz posty them here...

Alloy25

Geez gonaads... a little plug for Mozilla there? Maybe one of these days you'll convince me to give it a try! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back