Hijacked By Grokster

M

madmax1345

The other day my wife decided to install Grokster and now Internet Explorer is hijacked. By this I mean any time I start IE in the address bar it says enter Keyword or web address. If I enter anything but www.***.com I am taken to an ingsearch page. I am also unable to use the Ctrl+Enter short cut. I have uninstalled Grokster and run SpyBot. SpyBot found a few things so I deleted them and IE worked as it should. I rebooted and IE was hijacked again, so I ran SpyBot again and it found the same thing: IGetNet (4 instances). Again removed and again a vicious circle. Please help, hw do I remove this problem?

P.S.
Also the problem does not happen with OPERA or MOZILLA.

running XP pro sp1

* evil laughter * That's why my PC requires a password on boot, which none of my family members will either figure out/hack.

Try Adware 6...maybe that will help. Clear your cookies, cache, temp files, everything.

Try running "msconfig" in the run dialog box and click on the "Startup" tab. Maybe there is a program running from there.

Tried msconfig with no luck. Will try adaware today. I will advise on the results.

And Praise bet unto Ad-aware. This great program has freed me from my hijackers. Thanks for the program idea.

Looks like somesome in the registry to do with IE has been changed. Maybe. Try doing a system restore to before grokster.

Originally posted by madmax1345
And Praise bet unto Ad-aware. This great program has freed me from my hijackers. Thanks for the program idea.

Muwhah! Ad-ware owns j00r Spywarez :p :p :p

Glad I could help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back