Hijacked By Grokster

M

madmax1345

The other day my wife decided to install Grokster and now Internet Explorer is hijacked. By this I mean any time I start IE in the address bar it says enter Keyword or web address. If I enter anything but www.***.com I am taken to an ingsearch page. I am also unable to use the Ctrl+Enter short cut. I have uninstalled Grokster and run SpyBot. SpyBot found a few things so I deleted them and IE worked as it should. I rebooted and IE was hijacked again, so I ran SpyBot again and it found the same thing: IGetNet (4 instances). Again removed and again a vicious circle. Please help, hw do I remove this problem?

P.S.
Also the problem does not happen with OPERA or MOZILLA.

running XP pro sp1

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
* evil laughter * That's why my PC requires a password on boot, which none of my family members will either figure out/hack.

Try Adware 6...maybe that will help. Clear your cookies, cache, temp files, everything.

S

samwisefoxburr

Try running "msconfig" in the run dialog box and click on the "Startup" tab. Maybe there is a program running from there.

M

madmax1345

And Praise bet unto Ad-aware. This great program has freed me from my hijackers. Thanks for the program idea.

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Originally posted by madmax1345
And Praise bet unto Ad-aware. This great program has freed me from my hijackers. Thanks for the program idea.
Muwhah! Ad-ware owns j00r Spywarez :p :p :p

Glad I could help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut