High End Universal Remote

N

Not Bman

What is the top of the line universal remote out there? In terms of the best one, in terms of features, in terms of well everything.

Your other half? Can't beat people as remote controls. No other remote responds to "Oi! Eject my DVD and bring it here." :)

wow thats expensive.....ebay maybe lol

thanks guys, its harmony for sure

logitech harmony. Nothing beats it, but it all depends on what you want to spend, they go from low end approx 75 dollars to a whole lot of money :)

Well they have like how many harmoneys, the 880, 1000, and some older ones as well. The 1000 is like the best, but looks kinda stupid. I don't have money for them at the moment but when I do I am willing to pay the 200 for them.

you will get an awesome remote for that amount of money. I trust logitech's customer service so much I would even consider getting a refurbished one because the prices on those are amazing. (amazon or buy.com sometimes have some really good prices on refurbs)

Awesome to hear, now how about setting them up. Is the harmony easy to get it to work with things. Or is it just easy to setup with general things that most people use..

I will be using it for (or would want too) TV, Satellite Box, Xbox, media server (program installed on windows or linux) and thing like that...

Load the software, a wizard will ask you what equipment you have. plug in the remote to a usb port and boom, everything works.

the harmony software is the crown jewel of it all. It has probably every single one of your components in a database and pulls it right up in the wizard. Also you can customize the buttons to do make them things that you want them to be. I have the 550 (previously had the xbox 360 version) and they were set up in no time and I had set unused buttons for things I wanted them to be. If the button is not in the database you can have the remote learn the button by going through the wizard and aiming the other remote at the back of it (that was the instructions for mine) and the remote learns it.

It's really really nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back