Hiding IP Addresses!

C

contender

Is there a way to hide my IP while connected via ADSL? I do not have a network, just a single computer connected to the net. Would a HUB or Router do the job?

yes, I personally have an SMC router and it does a very good job. I'd recommend getting one from SMC

Go to Anonymizer.com. They have various (including free) services to surf without revealing your true IP address.:D

You can't really 'hide' your IP address...what exactly are you worried about or trying to do?

And, honestly, if you're trying to hide it from hackers...you shouldn't try...the only hackers worth hiding it from could figure it out with the blink of an eye...

hmm last i heard magic lantern was shut down and had most of its records deleted.. and they need a warrent to use carnivor

your ip address is allways going to be visable to any one that can type Netstat in a command line ,and knows what to look for espicaly when u are using yahoo messenger, etc
the only true way to hide your ip is to not go on line :D

Quote: "hmm last i heard magic lantern was shut down and had most of its records deleted.. and they need a warrent to use carnivor"

Thats what the mob-masters want you to believe...:D

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Quote: "hmm last i heard magic lantern was shut down and had most of its records deleted.. and they need a warrent to use carnivor"

Thats what the mob-masters want you to believe...:D

You amaze me...

Is there anything that will hide your ip when you are connected to an ftp server?

Ok people...I'll put it this way, there is NO way you can hide your IP address from anyone that REALLY wants it.

Period.

I asked the question of hiding my IP bcuz I want to be a secure and safe as possible while surfing or connected to the interent. I know nowadays this is almost near impossible, but there are many things to do that can make it harder for those out there that are up to no good.

What proxy server app would you recommend? I currently run ZoneAlarm.

Use ZA if it makes you feel safer, everything out there is a placebo, if someone wants in, they will get in...there is nothing you can do...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back