Hiding IP Addresses!

buy a BNC and hook it up to a VHost and ull be set!

Originally posted by contender
I asked the question of hiding my IP bcuz I want to be a secure and safe as possible while surfing or connected to the interent. I know nowadays this is almost near impossible, but there are many things to do that can make it harder for those out there that are up to no good.

What proxy server app would you recommend? I currently run ZoneAlarm.

Best security a Enduser can get Is a software firewall and A Router that can block
Wan Request
Multicast Passthru
PPTP Passthru

Use the router to filter all incoming ports. Disable DMZHost (This will limit alot of gameing options)

Thats about it.

If you are paraniod and have ALOT of money you could always get a Hard Firewall. Or go thru a second comp running a unix Shell firewall. You can ghost ya machine that way. They would see the shell machine but your comp would be well protected.

Remember there is NO Way to make Anything 100% secure. Olny ones that have enough money and manpower to do successful high level security is the Government and even they have weakpoints.

Go Here to check some security issues Good security site

Your right, if your connected to the internet (or anything for that matter) someone somwhere with the resources and time can hack you.

Rule 1. Don't store anything on your computer that has an internet or network connection that you don't want to be stolen.

Rule 2. Use a router, proxy server (unix) and hardware firewall or at least two different operating systems within the transmission path.

Rule 3. Isolate the above. Copy the information you want form the above kit to a "safe" machine without any sort of connection, I use a the CD-RW medium. Run all the programmes in a known secure environment, if no problems, you might be ok. but even then you can be hacked from outside you premises/home, GO TO Rule 1.

For most of us with no financial resources though just take a chance with Norton Firewall 2002 and related products. Stops the student hackers and spam hackers mostly.

to browse stealthly i use either stealther or multiproxy . stealther claims to be better at hiding you ip when you surf but painfully slow as it relays your request through several proxy server. Multiproxy is faster. Acceptable browsing speed. Supports most protocol too... http, https, ftp,....

use it with opera...... easy to enable/disable proxy server with a touch of a button (F12)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back