• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hide icons feature gone

S

Sage

On the desktop the "hide icons" feature is gone. Any ideas how to get it back. Already tried system restore.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
I tried this from the other thread:

'R-click the taskbar & select Task Manager
under Processes tab select Explorer.exe & End Task
under Applications tab select New Task
type in explorer and click ok'.

It shortened the list but now there is no arrow. When I tried to unhide an icon & clicked apply it stayed hidden. Ah well will see what happens after a reboot.
:eek:

Another thing: How do you remove outdated icons from the list in 'Taskbar & Start Menu Properties'?

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Well I got it back so something must have worked. :rolleyes:

Still wondering how to remove all those other left over bits though. Anyone got a way to it? :confused:

S

Sage

I guess I wasn't clear

It's not the hide icons down by the clock on the taskbar, but the right click option on the desktop to hide desktop icons. This feature is missing and I am unable to see any of my desktop icons.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
ahh.

For some reason I found this to be related to active desktop. To re-enable that feature follow these steps:

Run Group Policy Editor
Navigate to User Config
Administrative Templates
Desktop
Active Desktop
Enable Active Desktop = Enabled

You can enable/disable the other features as you'd like to.

Hope this helps.

M

MonkeyShines

Uhhhh,I just right click on desktop>Arrange Icons By>..........third from last on the list is "Show Desktop Icons".

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage