Hide and Seek any good?

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
As other plans for this evening sorta fell through (schedule change) I thought of going to see Hide and Seek tonight. Starts in a bit over 2 hours, so sorta messing around at uni (as it's closer to both where I was and the theater I'd be going to, then home is).

Anyone seen this? Any good?

doesn't come out here until 28th i think :p
i might be a bit dated on that though. hehe.

Hide and Seek is out. From what I've heard... it sucked. :)

Two of my friends seen it and said it sucked. I reminded them of Secret Window.

i rather liked Secret Window. don't ask me why. just for some reason that movie had me interested. that and the fact that Johnny Depp was in it. Johnny Depp rules!!!

OK, I did end up seeing it last night, and it was not what I was expecting based upon the description it had received... AKA

http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?mv=30339&remotefilter=REGL

Hide and Seek
Release Date: January 28, 2005
Rating: R - frightening sequences and violence
Running Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
Genre: Drama, Suspense/Horror
Cast: Robert De Niro, Dakota Fanning, Famke Janssen
Director: John Polson

A 9-year-old girl's (Dakota Fanning) father (Robert De Niro) discovers that her loss of her mother at an early age has brought on a terrible consequence. She has conjured up an imaginary friend named Charlie to deal with her feelings, but it may turn out that Charlie is a real spirit, with ulterior, sinister motives.

OK, there is no way to address this without spoilers.

The description makes the movie sound like one sort of movie. But in fact, as the plot unfolds, it turns out to be something entirely different. The "imaginary friend" who's described as some "evil spirit", is nothing more then her own crazed father who was undoubtedly suffering from multiple personality disorder. Her father, rather then the daughter was the crazed lunatic. This was something like what happened in another movie (can't even remember the name, something Manner) where people left the theater thinking it was a scary movie about a haunted hosue based on the previews. But it turned out to be some sociapath. People were like WTF?

When all was said and done, I was rather disappointed. Admittedly, this was partially due to the plot unfolding different then the movie synopsis there left me expecting...

I'd give it 1.5 (or 2 at most) out of 5 OSNN stars, and recommend a pass on this movie...

I'd also rate Fandango's description of this movie somewhat poorly as well, for being somewhat mis-leading in the description...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back