Hidden ME partition

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I created a FAT32 partition to install ME on. However it is hidden, how do i unhide it so i can view it in Windows XP?

Do you own a copy of Partition Magic? That will do it...

i tired that, but every time i go back into XP it does not show the partition, and partition magic gives me the same option to unhide it.

Try this
Right click on 'My Computer" select manage. next click 'disk management'. Now right click on the partition and select 'change drive letter and path' now assign it a drive letter

If you have installed a partition for ME version, I would presume you are talking about a dual boot system.
You cannot view the contents of the ME partition from within XP after boot up , you need to select either / or with a boot manager ,prior to loading.
If you did not have second windows folder for sys files you would not be able to view the file contents in the second partition.
Therefore unless I understand your question totalling wrongly, make the ME partition a second "primary" not a "logical" partition and use Boot Magic as the boot manager (within Partition Magic) having chosen to hide /unhide the XP primary partition in P/M on boot up , you will then be given a choice of which system to load.

ok then, i deleted ME. can i not have it be the primary? we will find out.

The "hide /"unhide" scenario accessible from Partition Magic is normally used for hiding one operating system(primary) partition while using the other.
You cannot put "ME" or any other operating system ,on a logical partition (non operating partition)
The P Magic software for example will not allow you even to try.
Also you need to load ME first ,as the op sys load up is base on the ageing principal.
You can load ME on a primary and then set up a logical for its Progam files etc.
So you could have primarys for each of XP and ME, then "x "number of logical partitions for each, up to the size of your h\drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back