hidden folders wont show up

zandyrei

TinySoft
mastors....

me having probs.. i just hid a folder then after that when i come to show it from folder options it wont show up... i tried to restart then select "show hidden files and folders" but doesnt work...

i tried to make new folder then hid it, still wont show up, i cant see a blurry folder... then i make aa new folder -it shows a filename "new folder(2)" so it recognizes the existnce of the old folder...

1) What OS?
2) Do they show up from a command prompt? (type "dir /a:h" to show hidden files from the command prompt - no quotes)

1) What OS?
2) Do they show up from a command prompt? (type "dir /a:h" to show hidden files from the command prompt - no quotes)

folders show when using d: dir /a:h

Last edited:
the hidden files shows in drive D: when i typed [dir /a:h] where i conduct my tests...

autorun.inf
<dir> games
<dir> new folder(the test i made)
<dir> system volume.............
Ravmon.exe
<dir> recycler

and the operating system? XP/Vista?98?

and the operating system? XP/Vista?98?

xp service pack 2...

i just bought this PC... but returning to the shop will be as hell coz the store where i bought the PC is far from my home :(...

Have you tried unchecking "Hide Protected System Files.."?

I'm wondering if it was labelled as a system folder.

Have you tried unchecking "Hide Protected System Files.."?

I'm wondering if it was labelled as a system folder.

yes i tried it...and still wont work.... i even made a test in hiding an ordinary "new folder" and a ".doc" file, they disappeard but when i switchd to "show hidden files and folders" they arent showing...

i got a disastrous redult from a scan...

screenshots:

AAAAAAAA.... from avg, viruses are identified in my screenshot..

result after avg healed... :(.. when i double click C: and D:, it wont open normally from sreenshot BBBBBBB, CCCCCC... :(

Attachments

• AAAAAAAAAA.JPG
    AAAAAAAAAA.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 136
  • BBBBBBBBBB.JPG
    BBBBBBBBBB.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 173
  • CCCCCCCCCC.JPG
    CCCCCCCCCC.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 212

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back