Hibernation problem

S

Shadow_Mx

I have a SEVERE problem, I can´t hibernate more than twice (the same with suspend)
I can go to hibernate state, and come back OK, but when I try to do it again, it fails and I can't do anything!!

System Restore was unable to repair this! And I wish to know if anyone knows something about this or how to repair it.:confused: :confused:

I constantly use hibernation/suspend.

:(

try using bootvis. it can monitor your sleep/wake-up times as well. I've experienced and heard that bootvis can, aside fixing the boot times, actually solve boot problems.

My occasional freeze while booting was fixed by bootvis, and my boot time went from 48 sec's waaaay down to 24 sec's.

Download Bootvis from the frontpage of xp-erience. In tools menu you'll find an option to trace hibernate/suspend too, and to optimize them.

Good luck.

Greetz

Lukas

hibernation will always cause problems, , I'd disable hibernation completely. Just setting the display and hard disk to power down after a period of time will accomplish the same thing, will cause fewer problems (probably none), and is much easier on your system.

ok...

Well, my Boot time is about 1min+ I know it sucks, but I can´t help it.

I use a Laptop computer, and I hibernate from time to time, or at least stand by, but now I can't!!!

And boot vis won't help at all with this problem nor the boot time.

help please!!!:( :( :(

sup

Wel, msconfig help out with some secs, valuable secs.
Now I just need to mess up with the services.
Im going to try the sfc /scannow thing shown in the home page and see if it helps.

create a restore point, or otherwise backup your registry before you start, visit this site, save the 411 services page, and proceed...if dissabling a particular service hurts something, try setting it to manual before you totally give up on that service, if your laptop is a stand alone pc, DEFINATELY try setting workstation to dissable, or manual...gdlk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back