hibernation blues

B

bmxjt

my PC goes into hibernation mode, when I start it back up, I have lost my Internet Connection through the network. Anyway to prevent this?

thanks

Disable it :)

Open Control Panel.

Open Power Options.

In the Power Options Properties dialog box, click the Hibernate tab.

On the Hibernate tab, click to clear the Enable Hibernate Support check box, click Apply, and then click OK.

In the Control Panel, click File, and then click Close.

i know how to disable hibernation. I wanted to use it but be able to stay connected to the internet upon coming out of hibernation

I assume you're using DSL? That seems to be the most common connection to have issues with. Is there a way you can manually reconnect? By right-clicking the connection icon, perhaps?

I think this happens because of the way your computer "signs on" using PPPoE. When you hibernate and come back out of it, your computer just comes up as it was, except that DSL connection has long since timed out. It may be that you have to use shut-down instead of hibernate.
/Lactic

i actually am using cable, not DSL. This always happened with 98 and ME too. I just never really looked into it. If I shut down completely for more than like 30 secs without rebooting, I lose the connection and the main PC has to be rebooted in order for me to connect again. I was just hoping to find a little tweak for this, but if there isn't, then so be it. I will survive.

disable dhcp on the client computer that has the hibernate problems and manually configure your tcp/ip settings...

anytime I have disabled DHCP I lose the connection completely

With DHCP on, run ipconfig /all at a command prompt and record all of those settings. Then go into your TCP/IP settings and manually configure all your settings and see if that works. Just make sure you remember that if your connection is lost after awhile on all your computers, you'll have to turn DHCP back on because your ISP reassigned IPs so your static IP will no longer work.

Or don't hibernate.
/Lactic

:edit: waitaminit...where is this computer in your network setup??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back