Hi-Pings

C

Carrio

Ever since I installed Xp (fresh-start) my ping in internet games has gone through the roof. I have the same internet setup as before the change, same modem, same phoneline, same ISP. With WinME i had a ping of around 200 it has now jumps from anywhere between 600ms to 1500ms. This applies to all games, CS, TO, RTCW, Q3 etc. I've fiddled around with all the modem and connection options - disabled data compression and the in-built firewall, but still the problem persists. If anyone could help me out here I would be eternally grateful, for what is a computer worth if you cant play net games on it. Ta.:p

That would be very odd for XP to affect your pings, go download a program like Visualtrace

or goto run...type in cmd

Then type tracert and the address of the game server you are trying to get on, it most likely just a coincidence that your ISP is routing traffic through a router that is having problems now around the same time you installed XP

using tracert it will tell you what hop the ping is spiking up...if it spikes dramatically at the first hop out of the gate...it might be XP, but I kinda doubt it

sometimes resetting your modem is in order. unpower and disconnect cables for a couple minutes. plug it all back in and let it initialize. that is assuming you can't find a problem via XP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back