hey guys...check this out...

hey sazar how about the VISIONTEK XTASY 9800 PRO 256mb how does it stack up against the other 9800 pros. and if its not the best which is the best one cuz i wanna upgrade my gfx card after summer

Originally posted by themafia_69
hey sazar how about the VISIONTEK XTASY 9800 PRO 256mb how does it stack up against the other 9800 pros. and if its not the best which is the best one cuz i wanna upgrade my gfx card after summer

the 256mb 9800pro's all used ddr-II memory and come with slightly higher stock clocks than the regular 128mb 9800pro's so it is a better card off the bat...

with AA and other filtering turned on... @ high resolutions... the 256mb model will also produce higher framerates in some situations... this is not as big a deal with slower/less powerful cards.. but the 9800pro and 5900ultra do take advantage of the extra memory @ high LOD with IQ maxed out... and high res...

@ the end of summer/fall... there are a couple of new products coming out from ati/nviida ( :rolleyes: ) that are both basically refreshes of the current highest high end cards...

consider waitng till then or getting the 256 9800pro if you must...

that card looks slim, and powerful all in one. stupid empty left pocket.... wait, somethings in the right... ah crap, its a jack-in-the-box receipt.... mmmm chicken sandwich.

..there was a point... er, i mean, there WAS going to BE a point.

Originally posted by dubstar
that card looks slim, and powerful all in one. stupid empty left pocket.... wait, somethings in the right... ah crap, its a jack-in-the-box receipt.... mmmm chicken sandwich.

..there was a point... er, i mean, there WAS going to BE a point.

I think it would take a lot of chicken sandwiches to pay for any of those 9800 Pro's. :)

yeah im ganna wait, thats what i was ganna do anyways but i just wanted to know how well the visiontek one compared to the other 9800 256's

well...here is a picture of the card I got...and ermm...it doesn't have a cooling fan on it...just a heatsink...think this could be a potentional problem?...:(

Originally posted by gballard
well...here is a picture of the card I got...and ermm...it doesn't have a cooling fan on it...just a heatsink...think this could be a potentional problem?...:(

not a real problem... the card is not really putting out a lot of heat... not enough to require active cooling anyways :)

you can... if it bothers you... plug on a little fan on the top of the heatsink and be all happy n stuff :)

will probably get a better oc as is with a fan wot .. :)

but yah.. don't fret about the heatsink... remember... no fan == SILENCE lol

:cool:

i will go with whatever ya recommend Sazar...the czar of the video cards....heh

i will go with whatever ya recommend Sazar...the czar of the video cards....heh

lol... if i was... I would be rich :D

I just like seeing peeps buy the best bang for the buck :) and enjoy that product to the fullest..

you ever chat on the #ntfs channel on efnet sazar?

http://allhope.geffychan.co.uk/pisg/ntfs/

I am apparently there a lot :)

my gf is in town for a coupla weeks so I have some downtime curently... but I am normally there in the mornings from around 9:00am ET onwards... and end of august... later on in the evenings...

Man. You guys should have helped him out a little more before you recommended his purchace. You have the knowledge and therefore the responsibility, morally, to offer sound advice to the noobish. This video card is a piece of crap. He can get a TI4600 or Radeon 9600 on EBay for 150 bones, or better yet a 9700 Pro for 250. Anything less is a total waste of cash. Save your money and get something you'll be able to use more than 6 months!

-Wrath

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Man. You guys should have helped him out a little more before you recommended his purchace. You have the knowledge and therefore the responsibility, morally, to offer sound advice to the noobish. This video card is a piece of crap. He can get a TI4600 or Radeon 9600 on EBay for 150 bones, or better yet a 9700 Pro for 250. Anything less is a total waste of cash. Save your money and get something you'll be able to use more than 6 months!

-Wrath

gballard is hardly noobish.. and he was looking for a cheapy card for his 2nd pc..

My bad. Flogg me please! Although, a second machine doesn't mean he should waste money on a cast off, piece of crap card. The money factor is still germane. If it's an FTP server for instance, why bother with anything other than a 25 dollar video card? If it's a second gaming machine, the smart purchace is at the ti4600/9600/9700 pro level.

;-)

-W

I dont even game enuff to justify an expensive ass video card...especially a 9600 or 9700...actually this card is in the new system I am building...so maybe I should look for a better card...I tend to trust what Sazar says tho...he has never lead me wrong in the past.

I dont even game enuff to justify an expensive ass video card...especially a 9600 or 9700...actually this card is in the new system I am building...so maybe I should look for a better card...I tend to trust what Sazar says tho...he has never lead me wrong in the past.

lol... dood not like you really asked anyone here about the product

heh... you just posted and were like... um... I bought this... whatcha all think :D

:)

anyways... its a decent card for the price...

:cool:

well i asked....and xsivforce said it looked like a good card...guess i shoulda waited for you to chime in eh?...:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back