Hewlett CDRW SCSI 9600 write problems

P

patrick007

Hi,

Since monday I have a lot of difficulties installing win XP. I have formated my PC before installation.
My system is:
Asus AV7
AMD Athlon 800
786 M of DRAM
SCSI Adaptec 29160 Ultra160
DVD Toshiba SD-M1401
CDRW HP9600
Atlas harddrive
ATI Radeon 64DDR Vivo

I tried to follow all advices on this board: I have installed the latest ASPI driver from adaptec. I have also installed the lastest soft from Hewlett (the cd copy sofware from veritas).
I have also downloaded the patch from Microsoft and installed Nero and CloneCD.
Each of those softwares have the same problem: after 1 min of writing a CDR I am getting a Buffer Underrun Message. It's like if the writer's buffer was not functionning at all.
My drivers are as follows:
Under SCSI Devices I got
Adaptec is MSFT 5.1.2600.0
Promise Tech Inc Ultra IDE (do I need this one ?) MSFT 5.1.2600.0 file version 1.43
Toshiba is MSFT 5.1.2535.0
and HP 9600 is MSFT 5.1.2535.0

By the way I also have a problem with the Radeon installation.
First, under display properties XP tells that I have a Radeon 7200 (is this correct ?)
Secondly, OpenGL Games hang after one minute (Max Payne or Allied Assault).

Thank you for helping me

Patrick

How do you have your IDE devices hooked up? If you have an ATA100 hard drive, that should be on your Promise controller, your burner should be on a regular IDE channel either by itself as the master, or as the master in a master/slave config. Also, make sure you have the newest VIA 4in1's, and if you continue to have problems, think about flashing your bios to the most current and possibly a firmware update for your burner (if it's available).

I don't have any IDE devices, all devices are on the SCSI adaptec card.

Oh, gotcha. I've never worked with SCSI so I can't help you on this one.

boom

theres you problem, u see that word adaptec? heh i would avoid that name at all costs.get a new scsi adapter.if that hp burner doesnt support burn proof that means its fairly old. and xp will probably have problems with it, i would reccomend a diff cdr.
just kidding bout the scsi, lol although i personaly wouldnt use anything adaptec sept for the aspi layer , you dont have a choice.

WHAT SIZE IS YOUR POWER SUPPLY?
update the radeon drivers, and try compatibility mode on those games.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back