Hereee mousey...

I agree, at least with current mice you can rest your hand on the mouse, that one would be harder to use IMO.

looks like it would give your hand and arm a workout, too much hassel to use something like that. I'd rather die of syndrom thing.

you can iron your shirts with it..:p

you can weight your garbage can with it too.

NLM said:
thats just as bad as the trackball ones....

Nothing wrong with trackballs, they are VERY useful in the right circumstances. Once you get good with them you can blow traditional mice out of the water.

Bman™ said:
looks like it would give your hand and arm a workout, too much hassel to use something like that. I'd rather die of syndrom thing.

Fortunately carpal tunnel won't kill you BMAN.

:) heheh. I like the fact that you'd rather die than use it. LOL Awesome.

Aprox said:
Nothing wrong with trackballs, they are VERY useful in the right circumstances. Once you get good with them you can blow traditional mice out of the water.

You may be right I just don't care for them when I have used them. :nervous:

Admiral Michael said:
I agree, at least with current mice you can rest your hand on the mouse, that one would be harder to use IMO.

What Michael said. I've had both wrists sliced open for carpal tunnel surgery and it's moving up the nerve bundle to my elbow now.

That vertical mouse is idiotic. It puts more load on the elbow and shoulder and requires the thumb to be folded over which will pinch the nerves in the wrist tunnel.

Since I'm ranting, and have been through 3 new mice recently trying to find one with 5 buttons that doesn't make my hand hurt after 5 minutes:
-Avoid mice that are thin for the width of your hand.
-Avoid the new sculptured mice that make you twist your hand & wrist.
-Avoid mice that are thick in depth (sit high above the table).
-Avoid heavy mice, like wireless w/AA batteries, they take more force to push around.

All of these designs increase compression of the nerve bundle in the wrist which means if you have a small carpal tunnel (nerve passage) you can end up with permanent loss of feeling in your fingers and reduced hand mobility.

Poor mans test to see if you are subject to this problem:
With your hand palm up, bend the hand down (like your about to pat a close friend on the butt) and tap the wrist in the center just where it bends.

If you feel tingling in your fingertips you have an imminent problem with carpal tunnel syndrome. Start using a wrist brace when you work on the computer and set your mouse acceleration to high to minimize bending of the wrist.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back