Here is a real stumper for me...can anyone help?

M

m0bster

OK...For some reason, when I start Outlook (Office XP with Windows XP running) now, a prompt pops up saying the voice recognition is not installed and asks if I want to install it. This just started yesterday and for no apparent reason. I did nothing to cause it. Can anyone tell me how to get id of the damned thing? I dont want voice recognition and never asked for it, but Office seems like it has a mind of its own...can anyone shed some light on this problem?

hehe,...install it maybe? then try turning it off..or uninstalling it

lol...but why did it all of a sudden start doing this? Almost like a Dreamcast..."It's Thinking"

i know the office voice settings are in control panel under speech recognition
part of xp too

did you recently install encarta or xp plus! both these have voice reg...

I think it may be some sort of conflict that occured in the setup of your Office XP....try reinstalling it...

i know that office xp gave me more errors than it was worth when I installed it...

in word go to tools do you see a check mark next to speech if you do uncheck...that should stop it...:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back