Helpful Hints....& they are not necessarily from Martha Stewart

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
~ HELPFUL HINTS~

1 - Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2 - Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3 - Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 min
4 - Mayonnaise will kill Lice , it will also condition your hair.
5 - Spike your hair (with Close-up tooth paste, it will also give it a tint
6 - Elmers Glue-paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads.
7 - Shiny Hair-use brewed Lipton Tea
8 - Sunburn -empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
9 - Minor burn-Colgate or Crest toothpaste
10 - Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
11 - Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too. It was demonstrated, guess its no
worse than some of the chemcials we are exposed to.
12 - Bee stings -meat tenderizer (I think that one is well known -
13 - Chigger bite - Preparation H
14 - Puffy eyes -Preparation H
15 - Paper cut -crazy glue or chap stick. Glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals lately
16 - Sore nipples -(Nursing Mothers - chap stick or a wet lipton tea bag
17 - Stinky feet - a zinc tablet every other day.
18 - Athelete feet - cornstarch. Clorox will cure it if put on straight, but hurts like hell for a minute.
19 - Fungus on toenails or fingernails vapor rub
20 - Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet.
21 - Kool Aid also can be used as a dye in paint
22 - Kool aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint,
"Your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!"
23 - Peanut butter -will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
24 - Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray
25 - Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands!
Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
26 - Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
27 - When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
28 - Heavy dandruff -pour on the vinegar!
29 - Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour into a empty film
container and mix with the food color of your choice!
30 - Tie Dye T-Shirt - mix a solution of kool aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the
t-shirt and soak
31 - Stress buster -preferably for a work group - take a roll of scotch tape and a packet of straws and build a
tower without talking to each other!
32 - Preserving a newspaper clipping -large bottle of club soda and 1/2 cup of milk of magnesia, soak for 20
minuites and let dry, will last for years!
33 - A Slinky will hold toast and CD's!
34 - To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with colgate toothpaste
35 - Stay-Free Maxi Pads-clean window, floors, just stick to the palm of your hands and work! Can
also be used as knee pad.
36 - Pampers as an absorbent! Remove stains from the carpet with club soda, and a pamper to absorb.
Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
37 - To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
38 - Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with peanut butter!
39 - Baked on food -fill container with water, get a bounce from the laundry room and the static from the bounce
towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use two Efferdent tablets, soak overnight!
40 - Crayon on the wall -colgate toothpaste and brush it!
41 - Dirty grout - Listerine
42 - Stains on clothes - Colgate
43 - Grass stains - Karo Syrup!
44 - Grease Stains - Coca Cola, it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight.
We know it will take corrosion from batteries!
45 - Sweat Stains - Efferdent, or vinegar
46 - Use a Maxi-Pad in your cap as a sweat band!
47 - Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax-sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours.
48 - Last but not the least, it is my favorite one! To Keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little clorox, or 2
bayer aspirin, or just use 7-up instead

Originally posted by gonaads

20 - Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet.
21 - Kool Aid also can be used as a dye in paint
22 - Kool aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint,
"Your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!"
What will this kool aid do to the poor kids pipes? Maybe it might embalm them from the inside so they last longer. :eek:

Can't wait to send the hubby out with maxi pads stuck to his knees and hands to weed the garden and wash the windows, I'll put one in his hat too, cuz I know he'll be sweating up a storm!!:D Great tips, thanx! Got a few more: 1. Hairspray also will remove adhesive gunk 2. Ink on the walls--Spray n' Wash stain stick 3. Clean the bathroom mirror with shaving cream and it will stay fog free for quite some time 4. Coke will also clean your toilet :)

Originally posted by gonaads

29 - Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour into a empty film
container and mix with the food color of your choice!

Look for volunteers to try this one out :D ;)

They say that No.14 actualy works. It's supposed to be a Makeup secret that Models use when they've been up all night doin crazy things. :rolleyes:

Poor Martha... I mean, with all that dough and to start turning crooked. Anyway, have one of my delightful Nantucket Almond Crisps. Are'nt they wonderful...?:D

Poor Martha... I mean, with all that dough and to start turning crooked. Anyway, have one of my delightful Nantucket Almond Crisps. Are'nt they wonderful...?:D

23 - Peanut butter -will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper

that true?

Hey Tbird How have you been?

Maybe get an old CD, one ya don't really care about any more and try it. But I don't think they ment the chunky kind.:D

-Clothes pin on the fuel line will prevent vapor lock

-Penny on battery terminal will extend the life of the batter by up to 30%

-Paper bag and flashlight will catch snipers

Ah damn. I need tips to get crayon off a wooden door and chalk off the walls. :( Guess one thing is true, that I didn't follow. Do not turn your back when there is a 2 yr old up and about. :(

Hey there, Crayon is made from wax so try the one about putting kitchen paper over the wax and ironing it. As for the chalk, hell just a sponge and some water sound get that out!;)

-Mayonaise on your indoor plant leafs will make them shine (although, the plant will die three weeks later).:D

Lima beans served in a suspension of plain gelatin three times daily will innocently rid your home of unwanted "house guests.":D;)

Originally posted by Eve
Hey there, Crayon is made from wax so try the one about putting kitchen paper over the wax and ironing it. As for the chalk, hell just a sponge and some water sound get that out!;)

Crayon is made from a different kind of wax, then that of candles. The iron trick doesn't work. It was my first attempt, but I didn't do it long since the door is solid wood. Don't want to leave an iron mark on the door. The chalk is pink. Water will make is smear and leave a nasty mark. Already did that too. :(

Use WD-40 to remove adhesive, works on things you don't want to damage, safe on paint. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back