• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help!

winx

OSNN One Post Wonder
I am running a Asus P4S800D motherboard with a new maxtor sata drive. I cannot seem to find the drivers or anything for linux to verify I infact do have a harddrive. It seems the Asus website has no Linux supported drivers for my motherboard. Can someone help me?

-Thanks

winx

OSNN One Post Wonder
The prob is I cannot find the drivers I need :-[

LOL I knew that...

So can someone help me?

Xie I seriously need help.

L

Lee

O sheet I just found the latest drivers you wanted using my driver finder software.
Then i saw you posted profanity, now i think well if that's the persons attitude, then I won't bother posting it :)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Will you please calm down, consistent posting and private messaging members will not get you help, simply having some patience and waiting for someone who knows the answer to your query will get you the help which you need.

winx

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hehe I'm sorry its just I have been working on this problem with WinXp finally found drivers... Now Linux... Its just gettings really anoying.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Maybe you should try Fedora Core 2, seeing as that is the latest release and RH is no longer supported at all.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
This is my last post here, you need to 1) update your kernel, because RH 9 ships with 2.4.20 version of the kernel, SATA support was not introduced until 2.4.21, or 2) you can install a newer version [which you should anyways] like Fedora Core2 that has a newer kernel.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test