Help!!

• Thread starter the_sheep_rider
  • Start date
T

the_sheep_rider

hello,

I'm running winXP Pro and having trouble with my dvd-rom. When i put a dvd or cd-rom in my player i get a error:

windows cannot read from this type of disk. The disk might be corrupted or may use a format that isnt supported by windows.

IDE1 --> HD1 + HD2
IDE2 --> DVD ma + CDRW sl

does anyone have a suggestion for this proble?
Thnx

Originally posted by the_sheep_rider
hello,

I'm running winXP Pro and having trouble with my dvd-rom. When i put a dvd or cd-rom in my player i get a error:

windows cannot read from this type of disk. The disk might be corrupted or may use a format that isnt supported by windows.

IDE1 --> HD1 + HD2
IDE2 --> DVD ma + CDRW sl

does anyone have a suggestion for this proble?
Thnx

revmove the drives and then reboot and let windows refind them and reinstall the drivers.

thnx, but they still dont work properly.
if i leave a cd-rom in the drive and i reboot, windows now will se the cd-rom but if i put another disk in the drive windows will not read it

the BIOS is up to date. I've got a AOpen ATAPI DVD-ROM 16x48x
cant find a firmware upgrade

Did you just install this...or has this been working before...only thing I can think of....with so little information...is if you recently installed the DVD-ROM.....and its on the Secondary IDE....is it set to Master/Slave properly.....and if it is...and its new...could be Defective.

i did a clean install of WinXp Pro and instal some software: Office XP, Nero 5.5.10.0, WinDVD, Clone CD and of cource all drivers of hardware:
MSI K7T266 Pro2
AMD 1900+ XP
sb live player 5.1
GeForce 3 Ti500

My dvd and cdrw work for 2 day's and then they stop working. This is not the first time it heapens. So i check everytime i installed a new program.
I also installed the new ASPI drivers.

Oh Cripes! I had this same problem and I recall another post in this forum of the same thing happenin but cant for the life of me remember what the fix was. In my case, a clean install did the trick but you said you just did that so......?? *tap tap cmon brain kick in* I remember it was a simple thing so if I dont remember Im sure someone will have it soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back