Help!!!

E

Eolis

Ok, just purchased a Visiontek Xtacy GF4 Ti4200 128mb DDR. Had a GF2 MX400 64mb. I put the new card in, and powered up, and right off the bat, the monitor is wondering if it's plugged into the card. Also, I can see it booting behind that, but it's "flickering". I took the first card back and exchanged it for the same thing, but got the same results......

SPECS:

AMD Duron 900mhz
350w Power Supply
Soyo SY-K7VTA-B Mainboard
512mb PC133

I tried it with the fan unplugged to see if it was a power drain thing, but it's not......

Any ideas???

Yeah, that's what I'm using now, and it sucks with a GF4 sittin' there staring me in the face.....:p

I'm gonna head over to Soyo and see if there's a BIOS update or somethin'. Be back soon........

Yeah, I thought about that, too. Guess I have no choice but to try, eh?!

I'll be back and let ya know.........;)

Thanks......

Believe it or not, I was a tech for quite a few years, until the overhead got too small for building PC's, and got laid off. I'm aware of quite a bit of the normal stuff, and haven't heard that the GF4 would act up this way. The card is in all the way. I was hoping that someone else with a GF4 may have had a problem similar and be able to advise. i'm all for constructive guesses, though...

Except the P4 thing....PFFT:rolleyes:

I'll be back soon. No fighting while I'm gone........:D

I bought a Visiontek XTASY GeForce4 Ti4600 to replace my GF3.

I had a similar problem where it wouldn't show anything on my monitor. Phoned the company up and they said you must have at LEAST a 350W PSU to run it. I had a 250W. One phone call to DELL, my 350 PSU was here the next day.

Would you believe it, it started working and has been working ever since. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps

processors

amd, what a joke.
you want something that works get an Intel.
The stuff programs were built on. New CPU, new instruction sets. Hell. Even windows needs a special patch for most AMD processor/mobos just to keep stable without BSOD'ing or giving you some sort of kernel error.

________
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.4 Ghz
2 Gigs Pc2700 DDR
2x 200Gig HDD
Sony DVD
Sony CDRW
2x Linksys 10/100 LNE100Tx v5
nVidia GeForce4 Ti4600 128Meg
21" Sony Flatscreen (not LCD)

AMD will always be second rate.
Crusoe processors are going to beat them and head up the 2nd place mark so watch your back.

How did you go..... Eolis ?
Did you get that gf4 up and running.

:)

Quote Catch23: "Snookbooger: he has been asking for help getting the card to work, he wants help, not to be told what he should buy to make it better in another's opinion...your comments are not helpful, leave them out of the threads requiring help."

Alright then, don't forget to wear your ground strap!:)

Well, I tried with just the video and nothing else, except HD of course, and same thing. AlanPlum, I do have a 350w power supply. Weird thing is that I can see the startup screen (DOS), but it's flickering and small, and it's behind the blue monitor popup that is asking if the monitor is plugged in (as if you unplugged the monitor and turned it on.) This is real irritating....:mad:

Came with the case. Qmax or something like that. Pretty much no name. I'm thinking I may need a bigger one. Antec or something......

I'll be back .......

May try CompUSA tonight and see what's there. I'll be back with results......

Thanks, everyone (except the P4 fanatic).....just kiddin', dude. To each their own......:D

Ok, talked with my old boss (still at the PC shop) and he's putting GF4's in systems with 300w supplys. Makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Some brands of 300W PS are more powerful/reliable than other brands 350's.... The number doesn't mean one is necessarily better... Quality is very important.

I wondered about that, too...

I just called Best Buy, and they have a PNY 64mb 4200 for the same price as the Xtacy 128mb 4200 I just bought. Should I go and get it and try it out, do you think?????

you may find that particular graphic card is not compatible with your mobo. I have experienced this prob b4 ( Some Asus boards dont like generic graphics cards that draw more power through the agp slot than the mobo will allow )

You could also try a different gf4 card

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back