Help with Windows Media Player

• Thread starter dj_unforgetable
  • Start date
D

dj_unforgetable

Hello, new to the forums. I just installed XP and it all went fine. No errors so far except the odd one here and there, but NO crashes or restarts :). I haven't touched or upgraded a thing, but when i go to see the Harry Potter trailer, it does all the Buffer stuff to 100% but then it freezes and i have to close it cause it does not respond. Does Anyone know why that would happen? It doesn't happen with quicktime, only with Windows Media Player...

I'm really not sure what the problem could be unless it's the file itself. Have you got all of the hotfixes and other things you need from windows update installed?

I dont think it is the file cause it doesn't work with Launch@Yahoo.com when i try to watch a music video. I dont know which update to install or how to do it. Is there a link? What should I do? What should i be looking for?

Go to Start> run> put this in the run box: %SystemRoot%\system32\wupdmgr.exe

You'll be prompted to install a small bit of software... it's cool, go for it. Then let it scan for updates... get all the critical updates and read the definitions for the recommended updates for any you might want or need.

You should have a shortcut called Windows Update somewhere in your start menu... that command string will launch the same thing as that. Because I'm not certain where exactly it is by default is why i gave the command string instead.

Yea..ive got all the critical updates and it still doesn't work

Not sure what it could be then... hopefully someone else has an idea.

No, i'm not getting a trailer loading. I can't even decipher the site, lol.

Okay..just saw something...When i view the file, before it downloads i just click stop and it stops. Because the windows media player screen is sor tof "embedded" into the page, i just right click it and go to ABOUT. It says that it is Windows Media Player 6.4 . Will that have any effect on whether I can see the video or not?

So you can't see the video either? Does your window freeze ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back