Help with website design software

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
Hi friends... well I'am a noob to website design and I need to know what kind of software I can use to make my life easier. I'am not great with the HTML coding... is there a program that can give me help to create something simple with already made demo templates or stuff like that???

If you want a what you see is what you get type of editor then I would say that you cant go wrong with something like Macromedia Dreamweaver though it is pricey, another alternative is Adobe GoLive, but I never really liked the interface on that one.
I would definitely warn you away from the likes of Microsoft FrontPage though. It may make it incredibly easy to slap a site together, but it doesnt produce very good HTML code. With the current wide selection of browsers HTML code validity is an important issue.

Someone has to post this so I will, use notepad, HTML is extremely easy.

Have to agree with learning HTML first with notepad or something similar, do a google for 'html tutorial' and you should get 1 or 2 results ;) You'll be a pro in a day or two!!!

What sort of budget do you have for an editor? Dreamweaver can be a bit overwhelming for some people when they first see the interface, although it's easy enough to get started when building basic sites and recent releases are more user friendly than the older ones.

Ok..well I got learning with frontpage a bit.. but I think I'am gonna go with dreamweaver...

Now I never made a website... once Its done.. how to I host it??
I can register the name online www.something.com

But How do upload the files to it??
I know I can use a FTP program to upload to a server.. Now I dont wanna go through a 3rd party

ANybody have a tutorial on how to create a website with the IP and everything and upload my site to it??
thx

use Dreamweaver and it helps you with your design , ftp upload and if you feel you are not that good in designing search Google for free templates

I have used Namo Webeditor and it has a real easy interface. I made my first site using it.

leencaci

HellyHans said:
Hi friends... well I'am a noob to website design and I need to know what kind of software I can use to make my life easier. I'am not great with the HTML coding... is there a program that can give me help to create something simple with already made demo templates or stuff like that???

I use mozilla's editor, it has drag and drop, and lets you see the code so that you can pick up all the commands.

HellyHans said:
Ok..well I got learning with frontpage a bit.. but I think I'am gonna go with dreamweaver...

Now I never made a website... once Its done.. how to I host it??
I can register the name online www.something.com

But How do upload the files to it??
I know I can use a FTP program to upload to a server.. Now I dont wanna go through a 3rd party

ANybody have a tutorial on how to create a website with the IP and everything and upload my site to it??
thx
Once you have made the website you are going to want to find a webhost, these are either companies which host your site on their servers for a price or friends who might do it out of good will. Usually it will be a company though. You will have to guess on the amount of storage and bandwidth you are going to use and then select a hosting package which you think should best suit you.
To get your files to the webserver you will likely have to use an FTP client to connect and upload your website in its proper layout (file and folder wise). Your site should then be working.

To get a domain name you can sometimes register those at the same time that you get your webhosting. Alternatively you can go with a registrar for the domain and purchase it through them. GoDaddy.com, ukreg.com and others are availible for this sort of thing. Once your domain is purchased you will need to use the registrar's control panel to set your Nameservers to the proper names or ip addresses. This information should be provided by your webhost, if you bought the domain through the webhost then this will be taken care of for you.
When your hosting account is setup the domain information is added to the associated nameservers for that host. So once the domain is setup with those nameservers everything should simply fall into place and people will be able to get to your web site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back