help with User Accounts

• Thread starter Johnny Vasquele
  • Start date
J

Johnny Vasquele

I need some help with User Account configurations

I am installing WinXP Pro on my parents computer here in a few days and I want to set up each member of my family with their own account. I want to use their accounts to deny them access to certain things. I have basically 3 user groups, adults (with admin privileges) children (only access CERTAIN games) and my teenage brother who I want to give him access to all programs and drives, but deny him use of changing other's accounts. I will configure everything on NTFS if that helps. I don't know anything about accounts and setting up users (besides the dumbed down wizard when you install the os) so you need to break it down dummy-style for me. Thank you guys for your help.

System (if it helps)
Duron 1.2GHz
256 MB 2100 DDR
Asus A7S333
56k modem
56x cdrom
C: 10 GB Windows
D: 10 GB Saved Data
E: 10 GB MP3 files

I can tell you guys are reading this, the views keep climbing and climbing. Now I just need one of you to reply.

Little impatient aren't we? If I wasn't so bored I would NOT have responded either.

How to Disable Simple File Sharing
1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
3. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
4. Click OK.

Create two normal user accounts (start > control panel > user accounts), on one of them you need to do this:
use THIS. Click the user you don't want to access and remove all checks.

Other questions try this:
http://search.microsoft.com/advanced_search.asp?siteid=us
and this:
www.google.com
first, then post back and be patient, we aren't getting paid for this.

~Dan

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back