Help with sharing folders

K

Kiznilian

Im in college and i am on the network with a shared folder. how do i put a password on it(this is xp im lost) so i can only have my friends be able to dl stuff. i just can't find it anywhere. i right click on the folder, then shared tab but like the option to make it private is not able to be checked.

You have to set the correct permissions in the security tab. If there is no security tab you must first turn off Simple File Sharing. This is done in the Folder Setting (I think that's right, translated).

are you using the FAT32 file system?

No im in ntfs, and i tried what you said and i don't see any security tab

Even if you disable Simple File Sharing? Are you logged in as an administrator?

Thought I would revive an old thread instead of starting a new one.

I am having a problem with my shared network folders. I have 5 folders that I created for sharing files between my 2 computers, and they are the "my network places". Both computers can see each other and the folders as well as the files in the folders. But if I put a file in a folder I cannot goto the other PC, copy that file and paste it into a different folder on that machine. It keeps giving me "Access denied". So I though it was a sharing problem like I failed to select the option to allow changes to the folders and content by anyone. So I go to "My network places" select the folder that has the file and right click, but there is not sharing and security tab anymore! :confused: The sharing option is not listed for ANY folder! WTH!! I have reasearched this problem everywhere I can find info and to no avail. Please help!

Need help please

Thought I would revive an old thread instead of starting a new one.

I am having a problem with my shared network folders. I have 5 folders that I created for sharing files between my 2 computers, and they are the "my network places". Both computers can see each other and the folders as well as the files in the folders. But if I put a file in a folder I cannot goto the other PC, copy that file and paste it into a different folder on that machine. It keeps giving me "Access denied". So I though it was a sharing problem like I failed to select the option to allow changes to the folders and content by anyone. So I go to "My network places" select the folder that has the file and right click, but there is not sharing and security tab anymore! :confused: The sharing option is not listed for ANY folder! WTH!! I have reasearched this problem everywhere I can find info and to no avail. Please help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back