help with ramdisk xp pro

T

tcc

I am trying to install historykill into my
ramdisk xp pro but every time I boot up its gone.
could some one please show me how to do it
coz its doin my head in.
have looked on web sites but no details how to use.

thx

Lonman

Bleh!
What's history kill? If it's a program then yeah, poof!!! Install it, zip it, then when you want it back on the ramdisk, unzip it. Otherwise it will keep vanishing.

T

tcc

when you say zip it zip it to where ?
how do I make it automatically run in ramdisk xp pro ?
historykill deletes everything when booted up e.g cookies temp etc.

Lonman

Bleh!
If you want to run the program from the ramdisk... install it there, then zip everything that was installed. Put the zipped file on your hard drive somewhere and when you want to run that program from your ramdisk you'll need to unzip it back to it. RAM is volatile... when you shut down everything in it goes away... so you'll have to keep putting it back when you boot back up each time.

T

tcc

thx very much

but is there any way I can make it run automaticly when it boots up e.g like a start up file somewhere

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
you could put the contenst of the zip in a folder on your comp, then make a .bat file to copy all files over to the ram disk on startup

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urica