• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

help with parity checking!

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I'm taking a networking class and need some help with an assignment. I have to do parity checking on 4 letters using LRC (Longitudinal Redundancy Checking). If anyone has some knowledge on this, reply here and I will post the problem. What we did in class wasn't difficult, but we were using 7-bit ASCII. My assignment has 8-bit, and so I'm not sure what to do. I hope someone can help... thanks.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I got it figured out. I wasn't initially aware that I was only concerned with checking the 1's and not the 0's as well. Figuring that out made things much easier. Don't you hate it when you take something simple and make it hard?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear on that initially. Basically, it was the change in bits that threw me off there. I was error-checking a single word, using the binary for each letter, and I was used to only checking in 7-bit ASCII. But anyway, it's done now, and I'm tired so I better not explain anymore or else I'll just add to the confusion. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies