I have an :
Athalon xp 1800+ with 512 mb ddr ram
MSI k7 t266 MOBO
SCSI 20g System drive 10,00rpm
40 g IBM 7200 hd
40g W.D. 7200 hd
40g Fireball Quantum 7200 hd
32mb G-force Graphics
RPC-1 VM-3100pro (8 in-8 out digital board soundcard)(psi slot)
Random NIC card

The system does not go on the net..it is for a recording studio
All resources go to audio.

After I installed XP from scratch using Standard PC mode (to get better audio performance) XP ran ok for a day or two. Then after intense use (30+audio tracks w/ plugins) I keep getting a :
VIRTUAL MEMORY LOW
Paging file is set too low or missing. Adjust settings in the ...blah blah....

I adjust the settings and reboot.... same problem..
There is plenty of space on the drive...9g..
I set the paging file for its own 2 gig partition on another drive also,but alas still a problem...

The Recording studio is my only income, I have been working on my computer 24/7 to get it working better.

I keep reinstalling xp... it is getting annoying.. can anyone please help?

When i set up standard mode, could the scsi h.d operator that XP chose for me be wrong? maybe i should try to use the drivers on the floppy?

Is there anyway to create a blank/new paging file? I can't seem to find one on any drive (even after searching hidden files)

Thanks

Which software do you use for your recording? Is it Steinberg based? I ask this because your problems ring a few bells, a freind of mine had a similar problem and it transpired that Cubase was the guilty party. We set the applications scratch disk to some enormous size and everything seemed ok!!

TOK

Paging file steinberg

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am using cubase 5.1...

How did you fix this problem?

Thanks
Derek

It sounds like Cubase isn't realeasing the memory it's using cleanly. The preferred solution would be to contact cubase through thier website linked here, describe your system specs and problem you're having and see if they have a fix for you. Another Temporary solution would be some kind of memory management utility that will monitor and free up your resources for you. I've never used one of these applications so I don't know which to suggest... maybe someone else can turn you on to a good one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back