Help with overclocking

colinm1

OSNN Junior Addict
Hope this right forum for my request if not I apologise in advance.

I have never overclocked a PC before but now feel I would like to try.
First my system specs:

Motherboard: Asus Commando Quad Core motherboard 89.60 1 89.60
LGA775 i965 Intel® Core™2 Extreme
/ Core™2 Duo Dual Gigabit LAN ATX
CPU: Intel CPU Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 141.99 1 141.99
Energy Efficient 2.4GHz SLACR G0
Stepping
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero 29.95 1 29.95
Flower Cooler
Power Unit: OCZ 600SXS StealthXStream 40.70 1 40.70
600W PSU
RAM: 4GB of OCZ 2GB Kit 2x1024 Reaper HPC 49.50 2 99.00
Edition DDR2 PC2 6400 800MHz Dual
Graphics: BFG GeForce 8800GT OC 512MB 160.20 1 160.20
Graphics Card. DDR3, PCI-E, Dual
DVI, HDTV, TV Out, HDCP
HDD: 2 x 160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA II 300 29.00 2 58.00
7200rpm 8MB cache Hard Disk Drive
Optical Drive: Pioneer DVR-212 SATA Black 17.12 1 17.12
18x DVD±RW/RAM DL oem
Samsung TSS 22 DVD/RW
Case: ThermalTake Soprano VB1000BWS 42.00 1 42.00
Black c/w 2x case fans +USB2 +
O/S Windows 7 Professional
As stated previously I am a complete novice when it comes to overclocking and I would be very grateful for any advice and help on what I could overclock to and how to do it, also is it worth it?

Thanks.

Word of warning, before you attempt to OC your board, be prepared to be able to buy all new equipment... nothing like the smell of burnt circuitry to tell you you've gone too far /sigh

Definitely worth playing with tho, its a fun process and exiting to see how far you can get and still have stability.

Oh yea, remember to move higher in small increments... very important...

Since this thread is already here, and its the same idea.

I just bought a Radeon 5850. I have never overclocked a videocard before, nor have I thought there was a need. Should I overclock this card, and how do I do it, what should I do..

Thanks.

Since this thread is already here, and its the same idea.

I just bought a Radeon 5850. I have never overclocked a videocard before, nor have I thought there was a need. Should I overclock this card, and how do I do it, what should I do..

Thanks.

Unless you do something to keep it cool you will say goodbye to your card real soon if you overclock it or you will get used to seeing funny colors all over your screen.

Bman, use ATItool. Its the overclockers best friend. You can set it to automatically find the highest rates without frying your card.
It might be worth checking google to see what max rates other people are getting, then work around that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back