Help with OCing 1700+ on A7V133 Pleeeease! :D

B

burnbomb

OK, I'm about to build a computer. I've chosen all of the parts for it (all I need is cold hard cash hehe) Nooooow, I need to know if anyone has a clue as to how much I could overclock an Athlon 1700+ XP processor on an Asus A7V133 Mobo. I am using standard fan cooling (see comp specs below), and a great power supply. Any ideas on how much I can jack this thing up? Please help :( I don't want to fry anything by accident (I'd be careful and OC bit by bit but I thought I'd see if anyone knew on these forums first). This includes how much to up the FSB as well as the multiplier.

Comp specs:
Athlon 1700+ XP Processor
Asus A7V133 Mobo
TTGI (Made by Enermax) 420 Watt Dual Fan Power Supply
512 MB Crucial SDRAM (PC 133)
Maxtor 40 GB 7200RPM HD
Asus 52 speed CD-ROM
Dynatron Processor Heatsink w/ Fan (microfin-technology)
80mm Rear Fan (Can't remember brand, but comes with the case)
Lian Li PC-65 Case w/ Window (hehe :D)
Soundblaster Audigy X-Gamer
D-Link Ethernet Card
Visiontek GeForce4 MX440 w/ Blorb
Dual Fans in front of HD Bays

That's all I really can remember, I'm very tired right now :p
If you have any questions about something I might have missed, just ask me! :D Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"Never trust a bartender with bad grammar"

no, but

if you're buying such a nice (expensive) system, don't ruin it with that crappy GeForce4 MX. Do a little research and you'll see the GF4MX is really a GF2 on steriods and has little in common with the GF3's or GF4's.

evilhomer speaks the truth!

don't waste your $ on a crappy card like that. the mx line sucks. go for the geforce4 ti4600. it's expensive, but u won't have to upgrade your vid card for several years.

yeah, yeah, yeah, I've heard it already
but that's not the question guys :(
my vid card won't be a problem, it is a good quality one (I knew about the G4 MX's being pumped up G2's)

grrr

You guys are supposed to rock, you know everything!!!!!!! heh, j/k
AND FOR THE LAST TIME NUFF ABOUT THE VID CARD! :cool:
Yeah, I posted there too.

Why are you using pc133 memory,don't you mean ddr pc2100 memory as your AMD xp chipset and motherboard both use ddr pc2100 memory you should use the same to get the most out if your system.
I take it you just made an error and do have ddr memory as the memory you mentioned only runs at 133mhz and ddr pc 2100 run at 266mhz.

Why the hell do you wanna O/C an Athlon 1700+ ?

What are you running on this machine.... NASA????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back