Help with my site

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Heh, I think this is my first post in the code section of the forums. Needless to say, I can't code for crap, but been playing around with dreamweaver and notepad, trying to pick up what I can. Can someone take a look at my frontpage: www.nevtek.net ?

The page displays as I want it to in IE (I know, that doesn't mean much), but it's all spoony in firefox.

What part of the page is 'spoony'? I can't view the page in FF as I don't have it available at work, but if you can tell me what's wrong I can take a peek at the source and tell you what's wrong.

Hipster Doofus said:
Looks the same to me using firefox & IE.
What he said ^^
blink.gif

Oh, and sorry for the sappy, pathetic verbiage on the site. I was having a bad night when I updated that.

one way to fix that is to create your layout with CSS.
I use CSS to handle most of the visuals on my site.

*edit* the images seem broken? you must be working on your site right now :)

PHP:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="file:///E|/Dreamweaver%20Templates/12/general.css" type="text/css">
change this, to I am guessing general.css as currently it will be searching visitors E drives to get the css file.

best to use relative links in dreamweaver really

Hmmmm, very spoony at the mo :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 96
Geffy said:
PHP:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="file:///E|/Dreamweaver%20Templates/12/general.css" type="text/css">
change this, to I am guessing general.css as currently it will be searching visitors E drives to get the css file.

best to use relative links in dreamweaver really

Basically waht he is saying is that the address [href="file:///E|/Dreamweaver%20Templates/12/general.css"] refers to a file located on your hard drive. You will need to change the address to something that refers to where the file is located on your server

ie. href="http://www.nevtek.net/general.css"

or

href="general.css" (if it is located in the same folder as your index page)

hope that helps a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back