• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help with my site

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Heh, I think this is my first post in the code section of the forums. Needless to say, I can't code for crap, but been playing around with dreamweaver and notepad, trying to pick up what I can. Can someone take a look at my frontpage: www.nevtek.net ?

The page displays as I want it to in IE (I know, that doesn't mean much), but it's all spoony in firefox.

What part of the page is 'spoony'? I can't view the page in FF as I don't have it available at work, but if you can tell me what's wrong I can take a peek at the source and tell you what's wrong.

one way to fix that is to create your layout with CSS.
I use CSS to handle most of the visuals on my site.

*edit* the images seem broken? you must be working on your site right now :)

PHP:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="file:///E|/Dreamweaver%20Templates/12/general.css" type="text/css">
change this, to I am guessing general.css as currently it will be searching visitors E drives to get the css file.

best to use relative links in dreamweaver really

MC82

Procrastinator
Geffy said:
PHP:
<LINK rel="stylesheet" href="file:///E|/Dreamweaver%20Templates/12/general.css" type="text/css">
change this, to I am guessing general.css as currently it will be searching visitors E drives to get the css file.

best to use relative links in dreamweaver really

Basically waht he is saying is that the address [href="file:///E|/Dreamweaver%20Templates/12/general.css"] refers to a file located on your hard drive. You will need to change the address to something that refers to where the file is located on your server

ie. href="http://www.nevtek.net/general.css"

or

href="general.css" (if it is located in the same folder as your index page)

hope that helps a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge