Help with my Creative Geforce 3 ti200 card!

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
After a failing tv-out, I contacted Creative support and they mailed me a BIOS update for my card, since this was a known problem. That didn't work and I found out my TV-set isn't able to receive s-video signals, not even through a SCART cable. Damn. I don't care much about it anymore. Now all OpenGL based games are messed up. DirectX based games run fine.

When I play Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Star Trek Elite Force, horizontal, irregulary shaped beams are hovering above the normal screen. I tried updating and downgrading the drivers (I tested 8 sets of Detonators), but that did not help. I tried making a screenshot of it, but when I paste the image into a graphicsprogram, the beams are completely gone and the image shows the screen like it should be.

I am sure it is my vidcard causing the problems. So I mailed Creative about this problem. They replied that I had to find a DVA=0 line in my win.ini file add a ; before it (;DVA=0). The line wasn't in the win.ini file, I searched my entire harddrive finding file that contain dva=0, but nothing was found. I was also told that when no DVA=0 line was found, I had to add it (;DVA=0). I don't understand that I have to edit a file meant for 16-bit applications support, and that I have to add a commented out line (a ; before a line means that that line will be ignored by Windows).

That did not work. I even added it to my system.ini file, but nothing there also. I mailed them back and they replied very fast that I have to test my vidcard in another machine, to make sure it isn't a hardware problem. But I don't have any machines to test it in (a Pentium doesn't have a AGP port).
RTCW and STEL worked fine just a month ago.

Here are the pics:

rtcw1.JPG

rtcw2.JPG

What can I do now?

smack bang tidyup job and paragraph introduction courtesy of - Sazar :cool:

Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

I solved it. I posted this on Tweakers.net also (Dutch site) and they gave me the following solution:

- First, uninstall the current drivers
- Restart computer into Safe Mode (Windows XP) and logon as Administrator
- Delete all nVidia files with nVidia File Remover
- Install Detonators 30.82
- Restart computer and logon as usual
- Test game (it worked!)
- Create Restore Point
- Install newer drivers (I did 41.09 since I heard some good stories about it)
- Restart computer
- Test game (it worked again!)
- /me is happy!!!

Hope I might help someone else with this issue.

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
Thanks for your help :rolleyes:

I solved it. I posted this on Tweakers.net also (Dutch site) and they gave me the following solution:

- First, uninstall the current drivers
- Restart computer into Safe Mode (Windows XP) and logon as Administrator
- Delete all nVidia files with nVidia File Remover
- Install Detonators 30.82
- Restart computer and logon as usual
- Test game (it worked!)
- Create Restore Point
- Install newer drivers (I did 41.09 since I heard some good stories about it)
- Restart computer
- Test game (it worked again!)
- /me is happy!!!

Hope I might help someone else with this issue.

glad you got it sorted out... but 3 hrs from posting to solving and yer upset @ not being helped :D

we have to work n stuff you know lol...

btw... advice... when posting like your first post in thread... make it easier to read and you will get more people willing to help.. its less trouble than sifiting through the whole post... I am currently editing it so don't worry about it... just for future reference...

me bad. I was posting this at three forums at once, to see if I might get a solution earlier. But, I had to eat too in the mean time, so it was hurry, hurry, that's why things got a little bit messed up.
About my second post, I think you are pointing to the rolleyes, it was just a joke. Of course I know that you guys can't help 24/7.
Thank you Sazar.

Hi
About the tv out have your tried a program called TV-Tool i use that all the time and works pefectly. (I Hav the same GFX card you see) i have not updated my bios but have noticed no problem (save the nvidia drivers not detecting it properly sub 40.xx).
as for your use of he 40.09 drivers i used them fo a bit but my card ran at about half the speed of the 30.82. I also read an article that the creative cards are superb for overclocking and i found that the coolbits reg file (which enable clockfrequency) work much better on the 30.82 driver (there are two version of coolbit but it was unstable with the 40.xx version and the 40.09 drivers) I just wanted to know if the bios made alot of difference to tv out (if you used it on another tv) and if you noticed the speed decrease with the 40.09 drivers.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back