help with jumper settings on an intel board

punkandacoke

eat me
ok. i have an intel i810 E/2 and as some of you know it comes with an onboard video card and its f***ing up the new video card i tried to install with no avail. what HP and Intel have told me that the only way to do it is thru windows device manager and just disable it. but i could care less for windows. it linux that i want the new card to work on. so if anyone know of the onboard video card jumpers for an Intel i810 board. seeing as there mostly the same, it shouldnt even make a difference. i just need to know which jumper it is. i dont wanna fry another mobo. :D

thanks in advanced
~punk and a coke
:cool:

normally the onboard agp is set in the bios, so i would try there 1st.

linux doesn't have anything equivalent to a device manager in which you can disable hardware?

well the thing is i cant even access the GUI. so therefore unless someone knows how to access it thorough the black screen of confusion.

need the exact make and model of the board, i cant find much with ur info as of yet im afraid.

lol. sorry. not there btw. thats why ive been having problems. it doesnt have the _ucking model number on the board. if it did i could have found the instrustions myself.

you can try sisoft sandra to id the board. and they can hide the model in allsorts a places, sometimes the model is on the warranty sticker, on top of the printer port. otheres embossed into the board under a pci slot, in the corner, allsorts. if not then your probably stuck with a OEM board, stripped down, and i dare say no way round it.

thanks. ill try sandra and see. but i mean i examined that board up and down, right and left, back and front. and nothing. ill check one last time but think its an oem board also. damn hp's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back