• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help with internet !!! Important!!!

D

DAZZ

My other computer BROKE virus...So I got to use this one from now on, but thiers a problem with the internet, I type in the IPs I got from my ISP in the TCI/IP thing, and click OK. Internet works...But like 10 minutes later the internet just stops working!! the only way I find to fix this and make it work again Is uninstall the ethernet, then restart computer, and re-enter the IP and DNS's...Someone had a simular problem?? Can you help me, thanks!!!

Its really confusing me!!!

You mentioned that you're typing in an IP address manually in your TCP/IP settings. Are you sure your ISP provides a static IP address? If it's a dynamic IP, your DHCP lease might be expiring, which might be causing the disconnection. You could try using the "Automatically obtain IP address" setting just to make sure.

D

DAZZ

Yeah, My ISP provided me with information to put in the settings, and do the automatic thing does not work...perhaps thiers something else wrong?? And it's static..
Thanks

D

DAZZ

I think I have fixed this problem. What I did is click Star -> Run -> and typed in 'services.msc'. And shut-down DHCP Client...I just guessed and stopped it, and my net works now, so if anyone else has a problem like this...

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown