Help with installing Printer

C

cartman2002

Printer Model : CANNON BJC 210ST

i have tried installing the driver bjc 210 provided in the window cd. i have also tried it with both kind of port "ECP Printer Port" and "Printer Port".
After i have installed, i have also checked that the "Device Manager" for errors...but there were none.

The problem is that my printer just wouldn't print.....the program will spool for a while and shows me an error message "Out of Paper".

I cannot even print the "test page" , do the "Cleaning" and the "Nozzle Check".

i have check that the printer still prints with another computer using Window 98....but i want it to be installed with my new computer using XP pro. Please Advised me.

Thank you

sounds like software is not installed
Do you have the software installation cd for the printer ?
Have you checked in control panel - printers to see if it is registered there , should have a tick mark against the default printer if it is listed
The windows cd you mentioned is that windows xp cd
if so then it will install basic driver support only and not software that is needed to check the ink levels and soforth
best to check on canon website for software
also check all cables and make sure they are inserted properly
Hope this helps :)

Check the cables + went to the panel for "printers and faxes"....found that it has installed properly.....stated BJC 210

its all there....but my printer just wouldn't print.....
i have almost run out of ideas to solve it.....

check the manufacturers website for latest drivers and and hint & tips.

have a look through your printer properties

make sure you have the right size paper selected as default

mine does the same when I install it - it always sets default paper size to letter - & wont print

:cool:

the driver given to me when i bought the printer was for win 98. I then therefore went on to the net to search for a newer driver. I found out that the manufacturer website which is www.cannon.com has intergrated the model printer BJC 210 into the new Window XP CD. From there...i found the driver and installed it without any problem.....however...it still didn't work

i have also set the paper size to A4 size too.....

Could it be that my motherboard printer port has been damage???

Have you looked at the front page today. It has an article linking here. Looks like a good start.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back