Help with hard drives pls ?

R

RobboAce

Hello all,

Ok I found when running sisoft sandra that one of my Quantum Fireball hds has acoustic management enabled - this option is set so my hd is at its slowest/quitest.

Is there anywhere anyone knows or does anyone have a/the Quantum hd acoustic management software to change the settings - I have tries the Maxtor one but even thou they have taken over Quantum it dosent support Quantum drives:rolleyes:

I hope someone can help with this pls as I spent 4 hours searching every site i couyld think of including google and yahoo :(

Thx for any help offered.

If it helps the hd in question is the Quantum Fireball AS20 (not the maxtor one)

go into the device manager go into the properties on your drive and see if dma is enabled, also check in the bios that it is enabled

Originally posted by dai
go into the device manager go into the properties on your drive and see if dma is enabled, also check in the bios that it is enabled

Thx for reply dai, yep udma is defo enabled on all drives - what I want is to be able to change the acoustic management settings as sisoft sandra says my 20gig fireball hd has this enabled - ie it seems to be at the quiet setting which will mean the performance will take a hit.
I would like to be able to get the software that will enable me to change the setting to performance/fastest seek time so I can make the drive perform better. Currently the drive is at udma 4 but sandra says it can acheive udma 5 so I think setting the acoustic management at performance will see an increase in speed(hopefully).

Again thx for replying.

* Apologies bumping this thread as I still can't find anything :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back