Help With Games

K

Kevin

if anyone has any problems running their games with WindowsXP,let me know and I will help out. Thanks.

here goes
have the Rhythmic edge card. Installed the new WDm drivers provided by Philips. I can play mp3's and Anything with directx sound and no problems. I start to play UT and I get a fuzzed cracking sound when any effects/sounds/voices start to use the soundn card. I have to reboot sometimes 2-3 times and let UT be the first to start of it will happen again. If it comes thru good, you close and restart it will crackle again

I'm not really sure what to do. you may need a new sound card, though-at least that is what is sounds like to me. I do know that windows has a site for updates, but I am not too sure of the address, sorry. The best thing I can tell you, Is to Go to yahoo! and lok for windowsxp updates, and problems. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

its not the sound card it only happens in the Unreal Tournament game. Not Quake3, 2, or Max. Its got me stumped too

OK, follow me:

Pentium III 800 MHz Coppermine
ASUS P3V133 Motherboard
Maxtor 15 Hard-disk 5400 RPM
17" Samsung 750s
512 MB RAM 133 MHz "generic"
Sound Blaster Live Value
Viper II Z200 32 MB with S3 Savage 2000 chip
ASUS DVD-ROM 12x
HP 8200i CD-RW
US Robotics 56 K V.90
Ethernet adapter 10/100 MBit
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro w/ 2 USB ports
Optical Intellimouse Explorer USB
Gravis Gamepad Pro USB
Microsoft Wheel w/ Force Feedback USB
Espon Stylus Color 850C
Floppy Disk 1.44 Mb ( i could not let this out of this such detailed list)

Now, my question is:

What are the best drivers for Windows XP Pro for each of my devices?

And another one:

I have installed Windows XP Pro and since then I cannot run Counter Strike (HL Mod) on OpenGl w/1024-768 as I used to w/ Windows ME. When I try to play, a blue screen appears telling me that it is paging to the dump file!

Please help me! I think it's Viper II problem.

Regards,

Papagogo

Got it fixed. There seems to be an issue with the directsound and UT. I turned the directsound off in UT and it stopped

I have enjoyed Infograme's B17 under ME. Since upgrading to XP B17 will not load, under any circumstances.

If you can help, terrific. I have a Nvidia 2 GTS 32 MB DDR, and 384 of RAM. IGhz Pentium 3 on an ASUS motherboard.

Have you tried the compatibility mode???

If not, put in the setup disk, dont let it autostart. Go to the drive that its in and right click on setup, click on properties, then click on comaptubility tab. set it for 98 98se ro such, Alot of times this will work.

I have tried w/ compability mode and nothing changed. I mean, the game will not run in OpenGl.

If you are having problems with nVidia, try downloading the Detonator drivers, get it at www.guru3d.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back