Help with error please

ls1geezer

OSNN Newbie
I get this error everytime I log on to windows XP Pro. The only firewall I have use is windows.
Thanks

Image44.jpg

Yeah thats not good, Run your Anti-Virus and Spyware software. That would be the first thing I would do. If that does not get rid of it. Then you might have to go into safe mode and delete it your self.

ls1 FTL

You can also remove the message from startup by clicking your Start button, go to Run, type "msconfig" and hit enter

The last tab to the right will be the startup tab, uncheck the box next to that file name and it won't occur at boot anymore. Then do a scan as NLM stated.

Thanks for the help guys. I tried both suggestions with no sucsess.I've scanned with up to date versions of Ad-Aware,Spybot search & destroy and AVG7 Virus scan.
However I'm not sure about some files in Windows\System32\WineSecure.exe
Winsecure.001
Winsecure.003
Winsecure.006
Winsecure.007
I have deleted these files but they keep returning. I've done searches for Winsecure and it seems to be some kind of hyjacker but I can't figure out how to perminently get rid of it.

WineSecure.exe or WinSecure?

I cant find any info on WineSecure.exe but WinSecure is known spyware. I'd recommend HijackThis to remove it, post a log if you still can't get it.

Sorry........should be WinSecure a little wine or something stronger would be good about now. It's at times like this I wish I DID drink. I will try HyjackThis and see how I make out.
Thanks

Post the log here. ;)

At first analysis, it does not look great - AfterNET Link

AfterNET said:
"

Line 0 (File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Firewall.exe):
$Seconds = $TimeandDate[10]
$Seconds = ^ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
Are you seeing the above message in a box that suddenly popped-up on your computer? If so, you may have a trojan virus! A guy has been distributing a virus written in AutoIT3 which contains a keylogger, and connects to IRC networks to allow him to read the logged passwords. Part of the mechanics of this process relied on a website which has been taken down, resulting in the error message you see. This virus is _NOT_ detected by virus scanning software! Write down the location of the exe that gave you the popup message, and contact a professional to inspect your system for rootkits. Generally the virus is known as "Firewall.exe" but this may have changed in some versions.

Issue is fixed here - http://www.castlecops.com/p786112-quot_cleaned_quot_system_apparently_still_having_weird_pr.html

Let me know if you need a cleaner break down - but they managed to kill it. There is a trojan called
Trojan.Win32.Autoit.p in that firewall.exe file.

Last edited:
Post the log here. ;)

At first analysis, it does not look great - AfterNET Link

Issue is fixed here - http://www.castlecops.com/p786112-quot_cleaned_quot_system_apparently_still_having_weird_pr.html

Let me know if you need a cleaner break down - but they managed to kill it. There is a trojan called
Trojan.Win32.Autoit.p in that firewall.exe file.

I deleted the file firewall.exe from windows\system32\ and this seems to have solved the problem......no more winsecure files have appeared. Sofar so good.
Thanks for all your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back