Help with booting...

D

DAZZ

I've been having numerous problems with booting into my computer. So much different stuff hard to keep it strait, so I decided to make some XP Pro bootup disks, and when I run the first one after a bit I get this message:

File \biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
The error code is 4097

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

What is up with this?? What's the problem, how do I get the biosinfo.inf file back so it can load so I can fix my computer????

it's having trouble reading the files off the bootdisk, i think.

you say you're having lots of problems? they could all be related to one thing. memory, perhaps. this would prevent even bootdisks from working.

no,no, its something to do with BIOS people tellin me and stuff, I remake the startup disk multiple times same thing...

...im saying that it wnt boot thats why i need xp disks ..but i got them to work,and now when I goto install or repairm, i get that the drive dont exist must restart :(:(:(

try memtest, memory is the culprit in most of ur circumstances

My computer will not boot into windowsXP unless this program boots into DOS or whatyever...I am on another comuter..

If it is saying your HD (???) doesn't exist go into the bios & see if it is being picked up there.

If not chose automatic & it should pick it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back