Help with Apache

A

Alvy

I have setup my Web server (Apache) and everything works fine when I access http://localhost or any other files in the root.

However, other people are unable to access anything on my web server... it seems that it only accepts conncetions from me...

What should I check?
I run BlackICE PC Protection as a firewall, do I need to unblock any ports?

You must allow incomming traffic on TCP port 80. If you also have a router you must forward port 80 there as well.

HMm

unblocked the port and still it doesn't work... strange

any other suggestions?

You must have missed something. Maybe you must actively ALLOW traffic INCOMMING on port 80 rather than just unblocking it? Does the firewall log any attempted traffic on port 80?

And I take it you are directly connected to the Internet, no routers, not other computers no nothing in between? An easy way to check (sorta) is to make sure your IP isn't 192.168.*.* or 10.*.*.*.

Yeap, I'm directly connected to the internet.

How do I ALLOW INCOMING traffic to port 80? What I did for BlackICE PC Protection was to Add It under Advanced Firewall Settings:
From All Addresses
Port 80
Type: TCP
Mode: Accept

I was wondering if this has anything to do with
Internet File Sharing or NetBIOS Neighbourhood as I have those 2 disabled in BlackICE.

Hmm still can't work, so I guess its something in Windows or the httpd.conf file ... anyone knows what I should check now? =D

Thanks for all the help so far

It was set at

Listen 80

I changed it to

Listen 0.0.0.0:80

but it still doesn't work =/

Thanks for your suggestion, but are there any possible things as to why it doesn't work?

Yeah I tried uncommenting already... still doesn't give any results.

And yeap, going to my own site works for me.

That firewall setting sounds right to me. Pretty straight forward. :)

Can you access it using you external IP instead of 127.0.0.1 or localhost?

Yeap I can get in from my external IP too..

Damn =D This is frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back