Help with a key...

A

Artex

I currently have OfficeXP Standard installed on my computer. Its registered activated 100% legal. My problem is that I've lost my jewel case, and thus my product key. I desperately need to reformat, but I must get my key first. Can someone please tell me how to extract my product key from my install.

Thanks in advance,
Artex

You will probably have to call Microsoft and explain your story, I do not think it would be legal any other way....

I need a way to see my key on Win98, for OfficeXP. Not see a key for winxp.

I really need some help.

Artex

I don't think there is a similar program for Office XP. You'll probably have to call MS and explain.

open word if you get a chance print screen and that is your key:)

Sorry mate about the mix up (cannot read it seems).....your product key is shown if you open up word/excel or any office app and look under "about microsoft ******" on your help tab you will see your product key look at my attachment

Update....Am i correct in thinking cd install key and product key are different as mine are !!

Posted by BonyTony
Update....Am i correct in thinking cd install key and product key are different as mine are !!

Yeah I think the CD is on that screen that flashes by for about 1/10th of a second when you first open word.

rettahc that screen pops up super quick took me ages to get a proper screen grab of it...yes many goes....all it shows is the product key as well not the cd key you use to install office.

Okay then try this, I did a search on my C: drive for my office XP key and I found it in this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name here)\Local Settings\Temp\Office XP Professional Setup(0001)_Task(0001).txt

search for this line and your key would be where the x's are
RegisterProdID,CustomActionData=11111-111-1111111-11111\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\#xA11111111111111111111111111111111111

(EDIT) the above is all one line.

The key you have to enter during installtion to authenticate and the Product Key you see after installtion are not the same. You need to call MS. They will give you a new key on the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back