Help with a GF2 mx200

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
Well my GForce2 mx 200 is getting really old, and i'm thinking of overclocking him...
Anyone how knows a good guide about overcloacking a gf or just a way to do that (not just mhz) please replay.

i wouldnt recommend overclocking the old card, as it has no fan, and the MEMORY cant be pushed very far!

overclocking a card to get better framerates is not actually doing to achieve much...

oc your card to get better scores on benches... thats about all you can do... you are not suddenly going to get a massive framerate increase but you are going to increase your chances of damaging your video card...

just save up and buy a decent card... many are available sub-$100 :)

g.luck...

yup, a gf4 ti will set you back only $140 now, or £130

the best way to in prover your fps is to tweak the games you play in the ini file, and to also be sure your running the latest drivers that the best u can do..without spending more money..i have the very card u ask about.. i did these tweaks went from a 30 fps to a top of 70 but just about all the time i get a strong 50 now..over 30 will work though

I o/c mine from 200/166 to 220/188 (gpu/mem). As Sazar says, it improved my score by about 10% which in gaming terms equates to an extra 2/3 FPS. Not too much really. Just have to run at lower resolutions and texture quality.

I was about to replace my PIII with an Athlon XP 2000+ and some shiney new DDR RAM but my car died and I had to by another, damn!

:(

eeek, i think i'l just buy a new Gforce... thanks guyz.

The GeForce 2 is a great card, but it can't be stretched too far. To get the most performance out of the card, you need to find the drivers that work best with the card, and consider stepping up the clock speeds. Some GeForce 2 mx cards come with fans. The Powercolor GF MX 400 that I have in an older machine has a nice fan allowing me to o/c quite a bit.

Most people that I have talked with recommend the 28.32 drivers for the best performance with the GF 2. After the 28.32 Nvidia started focusing most of their attention to the GF 4 in the driver sets mainly beginning with the WHQL approved 30.82.

Voodoo files has great tools, tutorials, as well as the different versions of drivers you might need. I hope this helps some.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=4

Thanks Alby , the new 42 drivers work the best so far.
but i think i cant get much performance from it, it is considered old and i can play with the clock speed since i don't have a fan.

Well next computer spending will be a new card (maybe a radeon).

i'm still on the 28.32's cus they work wid no gliches on me Geforce 2 mx200:p

Posted by Henyman
i'm still on the 28.32's cus they work wid no gliches on me Geforce 2 mx200:p

lol :)

perfect example of the adage

.: if it ain't broke... don't fix it :.

:D

exactly sazar m8:p....jus i'm young;) y bother upgradin if i got
no probs now?

you guys and your war on overclocking. I run delta force black hawk down on a diamond viper 770 (aka riva tnt2 pro 128) only and ONLY because I overclocked it with coolbits. Tried running it without. Got nothing but error screens and 1 fps. Now i get roughly 20 fps overclocked with coolbits. What a performance gain lol. Overclocking can do wonderful things if you know what your doing, Dont want the geforce anymore ill buy it from you. Seriously lol

Posted by Ace123
you guys and your war on overclocking. I run delta force black hawk down on a diamond viper 770 (aka riva tnt2 pro 128) only and ONLY because I overclocked it with coolbits. Tried running it without. Got nothing but error screens and 1 fps. Now i get roughly 20 fps overclocked with coolbits. What a performance gain lol. Overclocking can do wonderful things if you know what your doing, Dont want the geforce anymore ill buy it from you. Seriously lol

dood... I oc like crazy... :)

but I dont tell people to do it just because it is not worth it if they have little idea about oc'ing... making oc'ing seem like the do all end all of all things can lead them to go ahead and burn out their rigs..

am sure you take precautions... I certainly do.. I have yet to burn out a single item from oc'ing (touchwood) primarily because I know what I am doing.. have the hardware cooling in place and have been lucky so far as well lol...

lol I was just messing around dude. But you do discourage alot of people seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back