Help with 128mb Gf4 Ti4200 8x

S

Sh|te

I just need to know how to tweak me graphics card, without o/c just tweaking it so i can get maximum performance, or do i need to o/c it?
I have Directx 9, and my pc stats are below, for example I play counter strike and i get 60.1 fps CONSTANT, even when adjusting max_fps to 100, it stays at 60.1, I also have the latest nvidia drivers 41.09 installed. I did a 3dMark 03 test on it and I only scored like 400 odd ?

So can you please give me any tips on how to tweak me card?

Kind Regards
Steve

Originally posted by Sh|te
I just need to know how to tweak me graphics card, without o/c just tweaking it so i can get maximum performance, or do i need to o/c it?
I have Directx 9, and my pc stats are below, for example I play counter strike and i get 60.1 fps CONSTANT, even when adjusting max_fps to 100, it stays at 60.1, I also have the latest nvidia drivers 41.09 installed. I did a 3dMark 03 test on it and I only scored like 400 odd ?

So can you please give me any tips on how to tweak me card?

Kind Regards
Steve

regardless of what you do in 3dmark03.. you are not going to get a good score... the setup of the test and your architecture make it impossible for you to get a decent score...

concerning cs... I dunno... try turning off vsync ?

all I can think of...

Perhaps because you have flatscreen can't refresh as fast :huh:

:confused: Vsync will help it out if you turn it off, also try finding the Nvidia refresh tweak, whatever it may say in the config your oc is stuck at refreshing at 60Hz windoze default, have to try find the tweak to up it if your monitor supports higher refresh.

Skazz

vsync make the fps go to 100 but its jumpy i want smooth , so i left it on, my reshresh rate on my monitor is 75hz.

Where does it say its 75Hz? in monitor properties? if it does well I'm sorry but it is lying to joo!

Skazz

yeah its me me monitor properties, i have changed them around and yes it does make a difference, i tried it on 60hz and me scren was all fuzzy then I put it to 75 and it is nice and sharp.

that's on your desktop. once you start any game though, it defaults to 60hz. if you want it to run higher, you'll need a refresh rate fix like reforce.

turn vsync off for benchmarking and keep it on for playing. it does give a smoother picture.

where can i d/l a refresh tweak for my gf4 ti4200 128mb 8x agp nv28 gfx card ?

Originally posted by rettahc
Refresh Force

that should be just fine... :)

thats what I use... and no problems..

of course the new ati control panel also helps out but I don't use those features.. just reforce..

thats not true the newer dets let u pic the refresh rates for certain res' I know it works because I have a 17 inch that won't go over 60hz above 1024x768 and yet the defaults are set to 75 so I turned them down and it worked, you don't need any third party software poke around in the display properties for the refresh rates.

just turn off vsync, to make it stop syncing with your monitor refresh rate for maximum performance. Also, your 3dmark03 score isn't bad. Its the new benchmark that is suppose to push everything to the limit. Try 3dmark2001.

Nick Ulecka is the master of all the world

Originally posted by taurus
that's on your desktop. once you start any game though, it defaults to 60hz. if you want it to run higher, you'll need a refresh rate fix like reforce.

turn vsync off for benchmarking and keep it on for playing. it does give a smoother picture.

Thats in opengl other than that the refresh is ok .. the nvidia does not have anything that fixes refresh rate in open gl ... ATI does .. I dont need any program to fix refresh rate just use the refresh rate fix in the driver properties it works fine well on mine it does I am using DET's 42.86 ... I wish we could have something to fix opengl ...

I have a similar setup to sh|te and I got 1500 om 3DMark03.

Originally posted by Misfire
just turn off vsync, to make it stop syncing with your monitor refresh rate for maximum performance.
true, if you are benchmakring. but when you're playing games, it's best to turn v-sync on. that's what it's for. i can go into detail about why it's better later. right now, tired.

Refresh Force HERE works well for OpenGL.

With SP1 installed you can override in DXDiag for D3D games to whatever you choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back