Help!! Virus on my MBR

zandyrei

TinySoft
i run a scan using AVG, and it detected a Virus on my MBR..

how in the world can i get rid of this?
what are the symptoms of this virus? (i really dont notice its presence until i scanned...)
and how in the world did i got this?

Which one is it?

Brad, AVG just detects
and says "virus found"

by the way, ill try what technokid just gave me... ive red the article..
thanks to you all...

If it's not too late...

Before you over write the MBR back up the windows disk ID so you can redo it. This will avoid any hassles with MS over windows activation.

run vol in a dos window to get the current number. format is xxxx-xxxx
download volumeid.exe it allows you to load the old number after the mbr has been changed. put volumeid.exe in the c:\ directory
type volume id xxxx-xxxx at a dos prompt using the id you got before the mbr repair.

If the methods above won't clean the MBR before doing a format download and try mbrtool.exe. This is a powerful command line tool. Be careful with it. There are simple instructions for doing the mbr repair. Data loss can result.

Also the usual - turn off system restore before starting work. The restore files are a popular hiding place for virii these days.

The bad news is there is high risk of data loss when fixing the mbr and backing up your data prior to cleaing may carry the virus over to the backup files.

whow!!!!!!!!! it removed the virus... thanks to all yah help...
lee, thank you for your suggestion too...
really appreciate...
i pray for you all for good life and health...
thanks...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back