Help: User with different Resolution Display

speedrayo

OSNN Addict
Hi TechXp, :D

How separate user login with resolution display?

Example:

speedrayo: 1024 x 768 Pixel
Ferret: 800 x 600 Pixel

i tried use my nick "speedrayo" with 1024 x 768 then i checked Ferret's nick....copy from speedrayo's resolution :( reason...My brother has visual problem thats why...he prefer 800 x 600 than 1024 x 768 pixel....he dont want use Magnifier...its waste his time.

Thx,
speedrayo

i don't know of a way to have the resolution change on login but you could try something like QuickRes which sits in your system tray and can change resolutions with just a click

I'm not sure that XP supports changing the resolution when different users log in (I don't know why, it was the same way in NT 4.0 and 2000 before that). What I suggest (and this takes a bit of work to set up, but works OK) is that you download and install Multires. Then create a shortcut to the executable with the various commandline options needed to set a certain resolution, color depth, and refresh rate, and place this shortcut file in the Startup folder in the Start Menu for the user that resolution corresponds to.

For example, if you had one user who ran his display at 1280x1024, 32 bit color, 85 Hz refresh rate, the commandline
"C:\Program Files\MultiRes\Multires.exe" /1280,1024,32,85
entered in the Target box of a shortcut will set the display to those settings. If the other user ran his (or her) display at 1024x786, 16 bit color, 100 Hz refresh rate, the commandline in the Target box would look like
"C:\Program Files\MultiRes\Multires.exe" /1024,768,16,100

These shortcut files would then be placed in their respective users' Startup folders, and when they log on the resolution should change.

Be warned that I have never tried this with fast user switching, so I don't know what would happen in that situation.

Also, the application path should be changed to whatever the proper location for the Multires program is on your harddrive.

multires.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back