Help Urgent: How uninstall Media Player and Reinstall?

speedrayo

OSNN Addict
Hi,
I can't see movie like Black screen from farmer.mpg...I know Divx is FAULT because I did install divx with Ads spyware then uninstall few week later...i download Divx PRO then install it...so Most movie does not display it :(.....so How uninstall Media Player and Reinstall? I dont want re Format...make me TIRED OF IT. :(

Thank you,

I was wondering this too, the other day all my movies started playing in Black and White!, i couldnt find an uninstall/reinstall option, in the end I ran system restore and went back a few days and then it worked fine, so you could try system restore

Start Menu >> Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools

You are right BUT i did Disable Restore...ohh well...because...too much waste space for restore.

I think you may be stuck doing a repair installation. I was looking at that 'sysoc.inf' hack and media player gets listed in the add/remove windows components, but I'm pretty sure it's for the old one, mplayer2.exe, that's found in the X:\Program Files\Windows Media Player folder.

I was just messing around in that folder [X:\Program Files\Windows Media Player] and found the file 'setup_wm.exe.' I launched it and it looks like the installation program for media player... give that a try.

Update, yeah, it gives you the option to 'reinstall all components.'

Newer update... I tried to run it... it went to the internet and then told me I already had it... it didn't do squat, sorry.

Lonman,
Yeah right...that what i did before setup_wm.exe...exactly what do u say it...so im stuck it.... :(....Microsoft should give to ppl media player 8 for in case re install because ppl dont need re-format it...DAMN...Microsoft is IDIOT....Only last version release Media player 7.x for win 9x, me, and 2k......so...:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back