Help! to recover deleted OE mail !!

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
Aaarrgghh!!! Help ! I accidentally deleted business e mails from my wife's OE !!Now she's angry !!! help !!how to recover !

You may be able to recover them if you do not compact the mailboxes. If you have compacted the mailboxes then the messages are most likely gone forever.

Do a search - recover deleted outlook express mail

Lots of utilities available for this purpose and some are free.

Thanks .found the dbx file but can't open it ..how to do it or where to transfer ?

Go to its account properties and click on advanced. If "Leave a copy of messages on server" is checked then call it's ISP and have them recover her deleted mail.

American Zombie said:
You may be able to recover them if you do not compact the mailboxes. If you have compacted the mailboxes then the messages are most likely gone forever.

Do a search - recover deleted outlook express mail

Lots of utilities available for this purpose and some are free.
What do you mean by 'compacted' the mail box ??

Every so often outlook pops up a message that asks if you want to archive your email. It compresses the data file if you say yes. You can also set it to autoarchive (compresses them automatically).

Fall back plan is you email each of the people you have been swapping important email with and ask if they have copies. We do this all the time at work. It's so common no one even laughs when you ask. (If you are too embarased say the server crashed.)

LeeJend said:
Every so often outlook pops up a message that asks if you want to archive your email. It compresses the data file if you say yes. You can also set it to autoarchive (compresses them automatically).

I don't think Outlook Express does that, only full blown Outlook.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back