Help solving problem arrising from upgrade to XP PRO

C

CANNONBALL

HI to all users.
I have just installed win XP PRO as an upgrade from win ME, However since doing so I am unable to run any games as when I try to do so My system reboots and happly tells Me that it has just recovered from a serious error before returning back to the welcome screen.
I have attemted to install new drivers but have either done this wrong or it was not the solution to the problem.
Please Help.
My system details are as follows

NVIDIA TNT 2 MODEL 64 RIVA
SOUND BLASTER 128
AMD ATHLON 1300 .

Thanks Jester69

To be honest, tho the option is there... when ever you update hardware or have a previous installation of windows a clean install is always better.

I know the option is there, but it leaves alot of redundant data/files and could, as you have seen, cause more issues than you would like.

Cheers elctronic punk, but more help needed.

You say that running a clean install may have prevented the problem, but bareing inmind that point A ,I chose upgrade hence its currently installed
Point B,Being that I first switched on a PC about 11 weeks ago and have quickly learned that I dont really have a bloody clue and was completly out of My depth to attempt it.
And so after much an ear bashing from the wife I turn to You My electronic friend and anyone else whom may be able to save a drowning man.

Hey CANNONBALL,
First thing, congrats on stepping into the dark void of computerdom.
Second, what types of games are they? If they are older DOS based games (the kind like Doom, Wolfenstein, Hexen etc...), then they WILL NOT work with XP. So if you tell us the titles of these games then we can help alittle more. As for the serious error thing, If you look at the home page of this forum (top center) you will see links to XP updates. One is for that serious error thing. But it is NOT a fix for you games just for the "serious error" screen. It is listed as " Q317277 - Recovery Error Fix".

problem games names

Hi Gonads
Pretty mutch any game causes Me problems but to name 3 of the little blighters,
HALF LIFE...WHOLE SERIES IE, COUNTER STRIKE, BLUE SHIFT ETC

FIFA FOOTBALL 2002

MOTO RACER 3

All help appreciated.

All those games should work fine, just been playing Counter-strike myself...

Jut backup what you want to keep and boot from teh CD (select it first in the bios)

Should run setup and its pretty easy to install, just gotta cliokc on next a few times etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back