Help setting up a simple network in windows xp pro

homesick1337

Computer Lover
I run an internet café and have 34 computers running thru a router. Each computer has its own static ip address that never changes. Now my question is….

“How do I setup all the computers in windows xp pro to see all 34 computers in the network so that any computer can view the other computers content of the C drive and also see each other on the LAN when playing counter strike or other various games”?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Homesick1337

share the c:\ thats all. the counter strike is already done, since the router takes care of that, all u have to do is start a server on one of the machines to play the game, click on create game

themafia_69 said:
share the c:\ thats all. the counter strike is already done, since the router takes care of that, all u have to do is start a server on one of the machines to play the game, click on create game
Well I want all computers to be linked so that if i want to view network neighborhood i see computers 1-34 and can download files from any of the computers and add files from any of the computers,

Is there a way I can do this?

ok follow this on each computer, go to my computer, then right click on the c:\ then click on sharing and security, then click on share this drive, and click on allow users to change my files, thats it its done.

All yours computers need to be on the same workgroup which you can change at ...

System Properties --> Computername

After they are on the same workgroup, just share the desired folder.

For them to see each other in CS network game, they only need to be using the same subnet in the same network.

Shares may be a problem

Getting all 34 computers to see each other for gaming is no major problem, but windows doesn't support 34 computers in a workgroup for networking purposes. You will either have to set them up in 4 separate workgroups or set up a domain for them to share resources....

wow i dont think thats right, lol i have seen over 30 computers on my school network on the same workgroup

isn't there a way he could do it instead of doing them each computer individually
at my college there is one main computer and that computer can download a windows xp image to all computers in the class it's better and faster, that way he could make one computer as he wants and then copy an image of it to all computers at once.

yeah if u ghost them, but all the computers will have to have the same hardware, or it wont work, thats what they do in our school

themafia_69 said:
yeah if u ghost them, but all the computers will have to have the same hardware, or it wont work, thats what they do in our school
yea but at your school they do it manually by plugging the hard disk into the computers one by one, i used to ghost them i was TA remember. but now at seneca the teacher sits at one station and ghosts all the machines together at once from the admin computer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back